Careers at Shawtrack
Over the last decade, Shawtrack has established itself as a force of innovation and continual development in building beavertail and lorry loader bodies for the plant and powered access industry. Building on its experience and achievements, Shawtrack today reached a position where it is ready for major growth and transformation.
Shawtrack hires exceptional individuals at all levels of education and experience. We’re looking for people who are clear-thinking, pragmatic, and energetic about getting things done well. We hire many people with great organizational, business, creative, and technical skills, but we are also looking for someone who has the willingness to learn and get stuck in. Join the team and start your career today.
PRODUCTION OPERATIONS MANAGER
Shawtrack Services Ltd manufactures high quality bespoke commercial vehicle bodies for the plant hire and construction industry. The company also provides repair and refurbishing services and aftermarket component sales. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Clipstone, Nr Mansfield, Nottinghamshire. We pride ourselves on our excellent customer service from the initial design through to the quality of our engineering.
To control all production activities of the site to ensure customer requirements are met. To constantly seek to improve Company performance in all areas of responsibility.
- Contribute to the senior management team development of strategy & policy for future growth.
- Control of all manufacturing, scheduling and planning functions within the factory.
- Ensure that production output is achieved to meet monthly and annual budgetary targets.
- Ensure that customer delivery schedules are met maintaining on time delivery and total customer satisfaction.
- Monitor and control production costs.
- Control & reduce Wip stock to the lowest possible level.
- Minimise scrap & rework.
- Recruitment, deployment, discipline and terms of conditions of all employees within the Production Department in accordance with Company policy and procedure.
- Develop a cohesive team of operating staff excelling in high customer service performance levels.
- Develop the full use of staff resources (through formal Performance Appraisal as appropriate) setting realistic performance targets and reviewing achievements against targets.
- Set targets for output, quality, on-time delivery & efficiency for the manufacturing team in a group & individual level.
- Display key measurable for all targets & action plans for improvements.
- Forward forecast al material & facility requirements to achieve customer schedule requirements.
- Liaise with all functions to develop smooth services to all customers. Improve service levels by streamlining the workflows & concentrating on the value-added activities.
- Arrange & attend regular or ad hoc meetings with appropriate personnel from other functions to ensure production requirements can be met.
- Work along with finance in establishing effective budgetary control systems that monitor all costs & expenses of fixed, variable, indirect & direct expenditure.
- Monitor & control the Health & Safety requirements of the production area in accordance with Company policy & procedure.
- Carry out such duties as may reasonably be required within the jobholder’s capability consistent with the Terms & Conditions of employment.
- Minimum of HNC in Engineering discipline preferred
- Substantial experience & knowledge of engineering production methods is essential
- Practical experience of at least one of the following disciplines; sheet metalwork, machining, fitting & assembly, welding & metal treatments, hydraulics.
- Commercial & business acumen with experience of man management & the ability to motivate & empower the workforce.
- Relevant production management experience in an industrial environment.
Mr Jamie Shaw-Browne